Thursday, August 18, 2016

The rewards of serving never cease to amaze me!


This week was tiring, but the rewards of serving never cease to amaze me. Each day that I get to spend in the service of God I get to know Him more and more. One way of getting to know Him more this week was by serving many and by taking upon myself their grief and their troubles. In a lesson I shared my testimony of the living prophet and God's love for us and a surge of energy past through me. It was like that moment when I got my answer. Like in Mosiah 18: as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light; 9 Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death 10 Now I say unto you, if this be the desire of your hearts, what have you against being baptized in the name of the Lord, as a witness before him that ye have entered into a covenant with him, that ye will serve him and keep his commandments, that he may pour out his Spirit more abundantly upon you? 

I know that for all of us the desire to serve our Lord is big. We all have a chance to know the gospel in our own time, be it in our youth, or in later times, he knows how we will accept His invitation to come unto him. The story that shows me of people ready and willing to wait for the Savior to rescue them is in Mosiah 21:33-35 33: And it came to pass that king Limhi and many of his people were desirous to be baptized; but there was none in the land that had authority from God. And Ammon declined doing this thing, considering himself an unworthy servant. 34 Therefore they did not at that time form themselves into a church, waiting upon the Spirit of the Lord. Now they were desirous to become even as Alma and his brethren, who had fled into the wilderness. 35 They were desirous to be baptized as a witness and a testimony that they were willing to serve God with all their hearts; nevertheless they did prolong the time.

I wondered how much time they waited and its not until chapter 25 that they finally enter into the waters and what they become I wont tell but I'll let you all read for yourselves what wonders God has for those that are willing to wait and give their lives to Him. I testify that God never, never forgets about us. HE is there, He is willing to bare with us and till we decide to grab His redeeming arm. My desire is for all of you to keep on holding on to Him, and if you haven't, my advice is to reach unto Him, get to know Him, and experience a change only He can bring unto you.

Yea I heard that you have sister missionaries now in 5th ward and on my mission I have seen that sister missionaries are amazing. They bring a different spirit into the mission where they serve. Help them a lot and always encourage them to keep on fighting while helping the missionaries there.  I learned its a hard area, but there is nothing they can't do with THE ARMOR OF GOD. They will bring many souls to the 5th ward, that I know. Tell Sister Stoddard that I receive every letter that she sends and I feel special every time I receive one!

I am doing great hanging on to the rod. Things get tough though but I have faith that my Heavenly Father is blessing me each day. THANK YOU for all the things I received, I got a piece of all of you. and it filled my heart with joy, I needed that, thank you.

LOVE YOU ALL! SEEMS LIKE THE MORE TIME I AM AWAY FROM ALL OF YOU MY LOVE FOR ALL OF YOU KEEPS ON GROWING!

Elder Blanco


No comments:

Post a Comment