Tuesday, August 2, 2016

NO PLACE LIKE HOME

July 18, 2016
This week I thought about the attributes of Christ that we all are working hard to achieve and it made me think about the story in The Wizard of Oz. Dorothy and Toto are swept up in a tornado and deposited in the Land of Oz. There, Dorothy finds that distinctive, yellow-brick road that marks the path for a journey that eventually leads her home. Think about it, this road that she took to see the wizard was like in the scriptures the road that leads to our Heavenly Father. Its full of trials, its narrow like in D&C132:22, For strait is the gate, and narrow the way that leadeth unto the exaltation and continuation of the lives, and few there be that find it, because ye receive me not in the world neither do ye know me. She faced many obstacles along her way, but its strange how along the way she found characters, that in a way lacked something. It made me think that since all this journey was a dream, those characters symbolized the attributes of Christ that she needed to gain. At the end, after many trials, after many falls, she and the others gain what they had been missing. I can testify that its the same for us along our path. If we desire to be more like Christ, if we desire to get those amazing qualities that He has showed us, if we stay on that path, and I can say it wont be easy, but if we fight hard, we will obtain them. Like young Dorothy, we will come to realize that there is truly NO PLACE LIKE HOME beside a loving Heavenly Father!

I love you all!  I can say the journey here is sometimes hard, but it's easier with God beside me.  Never give up, never lose sight of your goal, we will find the way home.

Elder Blanco

No comments:

Post a Comment