Friday, August 26, 2016

For me the greatest pioneer in my life is my mother!

This week is transfers so I might stay in the jungle or leave. I have no knowledge of what will happen, but what I did gain knowledge and a testimony of was our ancestors, the pioneers, those brave men and women that gave everything they had, even their lives so that we could have a better life. The bond, the love they had for one another was so great. They knew by the power of God that their struggle would bring joy to us in these days, and it did, till we as humans began to drift away from the things they fought for, even with bloodshed. Now the war continues, a spiritual war that is no longer outside but now even inside our own homes. Let us remember the teaching of those pioneers in our lives let us remember what they thought us and why.

For me the greatest pioneer in my life is my mother. She is a soldier, a guide, a teacher, a father, but most of all she is a role model.  For its through her teachings that I am here serving the Lord. For even in my dark days, she kept on lending me her light. Now I can say that I am no longer borrowing light but in a way I have created my own and each day I struggle to not only make it grow but to keep it on. 

My advice is to keep on going! Remember what you are fighting for and let your light so shine before all nations!  The world might be changing, but we don't have to. Like it says in D&C 64:34 "Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days."  I testify that if we give Him our all, He will mold our heart, He will purify our mind and fill every part of our body with the light that we need. I promise as a representative of the Lord, if you all make time for your family, for the family home evening, for daily prayer and study of the scriptures, your home will receive more light. You will go out into the world fortified and the waves of temptation will not push you off course.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Testimony!! Thank you for sharing it with us! It is evident that you have grown much on your mission. We are blessed to hear your testimony and be a witness of your strength and goodness. Keep safe and know you are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete